Thursday, June 17, 2010

June 17, 2010

I had so much fun making the floral bookmark cards that I thought I would make a masculine card. I find cards for men challenging to say the least. This card has the bookmark on the front rather than on the inside. The background stamp on the bookmark is from Stampscapes (Twisted Leaves 275D). I picked out two ink pads that matched the paper and stamped on scrap paper before stamping on the bookmark. This left the background light so the verse would show up better. The edges were sponged with brown dye ink. The verse is a Cloud 9 set by Fiskars (Simple Thoughts). I embossed the leaves above and below the verse with Stampendous "Golden Sand" embossing powder.


I used the striped paper from an "Earth's Palette" creative pack from HOTP. The leaf die cut is from Sizzix (Flowers, Branches & Leaves Set # 656064). I cut a portion of the leaf die and saved the rest for the inside of the card. Three dew drops added a little bit of "bling".

I stamped and embossed the twisted leaves stamp on the inside flap using Golden Sand embossing powder. This dressed up the inside but still kept the masculine look.
I usually keep the inside blank until I am ready to give the card. By doing this I can match the verse with the occasion.

Back to creating more cards in my Butterfly Garden.

No comments: