Monday, July 05, 2010

"Life" goes on


Sorry for being MIA for a few days..."Life" has been hectic around here. After my daughters birthday it was my granddaughters birthday. We had a party for about 24 people Friday night(July 2). Some of the guests were from Buffalo and they stayed over till Saturday afternoon. Another party for a neighbor on Saturday (July10) and we are hosting my grandsons birthday party on July 11. In between parties my DH and I are putting a patio off of the deck that we built last year. My DH chose last week to have all the materials delivered. Our driveway which can hold 6 cars only has room for two. We are trying to get a planter, a patio and 2 walkways completed before the July 11 party. Wish me luck and some cool weather. Today it was 121.3 degrees in the area we were working on. We had to quit because it was too hot to work.

Here is another card in the "Life" series. This card was done with Colorbox Chalk Ink. The stamp was inked and then stamped twice on white cardstock without re-inking in between stamping. This gave a nice two tone effect to the flowers and leaves. An EK Success punch was used on the bottom. The argyle was done with a stamp set from MTME using black dye ink and the same chalk ink that was used on the flowers. A few green rhinestones were added for a little "bling". The flower piece and the argyle were mounted onto black cardstock after I tied a green ribbon around them.

No card creating in the Butterfly Garden for a few days.

1 comment:

lynda said...

Gorgeous card, Marie!! Love the colors. Sounds like you've been really busy. I've been away at different parties and gatherings for the past couple of weeks, so trying to get caught up with reading everyone's blogs! Enjoy all your parties. Isn't it fun to make memories!