Tuesday, September 14, 2010

bits 'n Pieces




Last week was the Lilac Inkers meeting. We all created Tri-shutter cards similar to the cards I shared with you on August 24. In addition to making cards with solid color cardstock we made a card using patterned cardstock for the base of the card. Instead of having a verse on the front I chose to be a little whimsical. The stamp that I used was one of the $1.00 stamps from Michaels. The Cuttlebug embossing folder was used for the top layer of paper and it was sponged with Vivid Lime Green and Lavender dye ink pads. I colored the snail with Prisma colored pencils and blended the colors with Gamsol. The lines for the grass were made by hand using a extra fine line pen.




I love it when a plan comes together! Fortunately I had a green snail brad which matched the color of the snail on the front. He's even traveling in the same direction. Must be "follow the leader".

A few pieces of sheer ribbon broke up the solid look of the dotted swiss. Finally I am prepared for a "birthday" that I know I will forget (I usually miss at least one a year). Better late than never!




I need a gift for a swap and decided to use some of my "All a Flutter" (Mariposa) cards for the gift. Lauren from MTME has designed some fabulous templates for packaging everything you make (including jams and jellies). I used one of her templates to make this box which holds cards and envelopes. I carried the "All A Flutter" theme from the cards to the outside of the box.



The box is made in two parts and the top slides off to reveal the contents. The ribbon stays attached so it is easy to re-assemble.



There are 5 cards/envelopes in this box with room for 2 or 3 more depending on the layers on the cards and the thickness of the embellishments .



I just finished making some mini photo albums. I have made these, in the past, for my grandchildren and personalized the outside of the albums with their names and the specific day they are celebrating (birthday, dance recital). These 2 albums are for "just in case" I need a quick gift!



Clear A2 envelopes are used to make the pages which hold the photos. This next album has a matching note pad.




A "memory" stamp was used on the top of the pages as shown below.

Each page has a different verse. The zigzag that is on the front and carried through to inside is the small zigzag die from PTI.




Here is an "Orient" peek. Promise it will be the next post!

Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

No comments: