Wednesday, July 27, 2011

CR84FN34

Time for another color challenge from CR84FN. The beautiful Hibiscus in the inspirational photo are making me wish I was back in Hawaii. I tried to grow Hibiscus but my thumb isn't green enough so I am giving Hydrangeas a try. With that in mind I created a Hydrangea card.


The Hydrangea is a Hero Arts stamp. It was stamped with Vintage Photo ink on a 3 1/2" X 4" piece of cardstock then stamped, at a slight angle, a second time (without re-inking) onto a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2"piece of cardstock. The image on the smaller piece of cardstock was colored with Copic markers, highlighted with a Stardust pen, then fancy cut. 3D paint was applied to the center of the flowers. Then set aside to dry.

The remaining image was stamped with a PTI Text stamp that was stamped off twice before applying it to the cardstock, then the image was lightly colored with Copic markers. A brown Prisma colored pencil added some depth to these leaves. A scalloped paper cutter was used to trim about 1/4" off of each side then Vintage Photo was sponged around the edges. Two stripes of Copic markers were added to the right and left side of this piece of cardstock. The fancy cut Hydrangea was then foam mounted on top of this image by lining up the stem and slightly angling the flower to the left.

The antennae on the Martha Stewart butterfly was formed with 24 gauge wire. The 3D (white) paint in the center of the flowers was colored with a yellow Copic marker.

The ribbon and the pearls on the 'bling' are from Hobby Lobby.

This is the inspirational photo for this color challenge. Enjoy!


Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Another beauty!! That hydrangea is amazing. I love the pearls on the ribbon. Fantastic card.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness this is sooooo pretty. Don't know how your plants are growing,but the hydrangea you colored is a beauty!!!!!

Sue Lelli said...

Marie, this is just the most GORGEOUS card! LOVE all of the stamping and coloring you did to make that hydrangea really stand out! LOVE the bow and bling and everything! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW! Stunning card Marie! You did an AMAZING job coloring that gorgeous Hibiscus and love the depth on the leaves you created! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Deborah Frings said...

Wow!! I wish my hydrangea looked like this one!! It's stunning. I really like the bow and pearls!! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Geri said...

I came to thank you for you for your kind comments on my little can, Marie. So glad I did--this is so very pretty!!! Love the way the colors pop and love how you double stamped the hydrangea--such a pretty effect!! Love this! And thank you again for your visit!!