Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hello Cupcake

This card is for the CR84FN color challenge and the Mojo Monday sketch challenge. I have been try to make a card for the CR84FN challenge (Red, Pink and Neutral) since July 2. This was a real tough challenge for me....don't know why! :-( Nothing seemed to go together but I kept at it until I got a card that I was happy with. After I assembled it I realized that if I added one more circle in the top right hand corner, it would fit the Mojo Monday sketch. I love it when a plan comes together especially when I didn't even work at it! WOW how good is that? :-) See all good things come to those who wait (or keep working at it).



The cupcake was paper pieced and the stamp is from Outlines, "Hello Cupcake" and small cherries are Inky Antics stamps, "enjoy"and small polka dots are PTI, red stickles were used for the small dots around the cupcake image and the coloring was done with Copic markers. The little stick pin was made with beads from my stash. The small tag is Sizzix. The frosting was highlighted with Diamond Stickles. The cherry bling is actually a flip-flop adornment that I cut apart from the kids summer craft section at JoAnn's. It was even on sale! BONUS. The patterned paper is from a Heidi Grace pad, pink papers are Bazzil, edger is EK Success, ribbon from Michael's and circular shapes are Nesties.

Here is the inspirational photo for the color challenge.






This is the challenge sketch that just happened to fit the card I made.


Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

9 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so pretty! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Olena said...

So cute card! Love the image! Great job! Olena

Deborah Frings said...

It may have taken a while, but it was worth the wait - this is really lovely. I adore that cute cherry bunch in the corner. And the cupcake looks delicious! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Marie! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday and CR84FN!

Libby S. said...

My children and I are ooooooh-ing and ahhhh-ing over this card: the colors, the dessert, the everything!

Sue Lelli said...

Marie, LOVE all of your cherries and that FAB YUMMY cupcake! Your papers and ribbon are super, too! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Theresa said...

Marie, your card is wonderful. Love the fabulous colors and the ribbon is awesome. I also peeked around your blog and your work is spectacular. Love your style.

The Sticky Elf said...

Gorgeous card Marie. I'm ready to get my uptake stamps out now!
Nxx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh what a yummy card! Love the cherry bling too!