Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tulip Bouquet

The snow from last week end is quickly melting so I'm once again "thinking spring". This card is for the great color challenge at CR84FN. The beautiful 'spring' colors for this challenge are Lavender, Gray and Chartreuse. I used the sketch from Card Patterns to design my card.



The "tulip bouquet" stamp is from Repeat Impressions, Embossing folder is Sizzix, edger is MS and the pearl brad is from the Eyelet Outlet. the ribbons and pearls are from Michaels. The image was colored with Copic markers. The tulips and paper edges were highlighted with ultra fine glitter.


Here is the lovely inspirational photo. Be sure to check out the super verse on this one!




This is the sketch that I used to create my card.


Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Hey...I just linked my card up too ;) Hello friend! LOVE this gorgeous pearly, frilly, simply lovely feminine card!!!

Heather Rogers said...

My goodness Marie! This is absolutely beautiful! You colored that flower to perfection. Thanks for playing at CR84FN! :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning use of this weeks colors! Love how you framed your image, the added embossing and wonderful coloring! Thanks for playing along at CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Marie! What a beautiful card! You brought that pretty image to life! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Marie, wow! I do love purple and white together, and this certainly says "spring". I think you did a great job coloring your image, and I adore the touches of pearls along the scalloped borders. :)

Sue Lelli said...

I agree - WOW! Marie, LOVE the embossed background and the punched edges! LOVE LOVE LOVE the FAB bow! And your coloring - GORGEOUS! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Maria said...

Fabulous floral image colored beautifully! Love the embossed background, too!

Anna-Karin said...

Wow, gorgeous card! Wonderful colouring and the dry embossing adds a great touch to the background. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns!

Michelle said...

WOW!!! This color palette is one of my favs! Beautiful scalloped edges and fabulous bow!

Melissa Craig said...

Marie! OMG this card is STUNNING!!! Purple is my favorite color and I love tulips. This cardis worthy of framing and hanging on my wall. Er, um, I mean your wall. :0)

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! Marie - this is absolutely stunning! Lovely texture, beautiful colouring - just fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!