Friday, June 01, 2012

GD @ Playing in Paradise

Great news......I am the Guest Designer at Playing in Paradise this week. There are some wonderful samples from this creative DT and I am honored to have my card displayed with theirs. Wait till you see the fun inspirational photo that will get those creative juices flowing.

I am often ask where I get my inspiration from...well this card was inspired by my two youngest grandsons who are ages 4 and 5 1/2. They really are BFF's and the older one always watches out for his younger brother.


This cute image is from Mo Manning. It was colored with Copic markers, alphabet letters are from a Sizzix die cut set, ribbon from Michaels and brads from Paper Wishes. This card is rather CAS for me, but since it was a masculine card, less is sometimes more!

This is the photo that was used to create my card. Doesn't this photo remind you of our fun-filled, carefree childhood days? If you have fond memories of those times, grab some papers and play along, you have until Thursday (noon) to submit your card.


Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

13 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh I love you're wonderful card, its so adorable.
luv
Debby

Jessi Fogan said...

LOVE that you're our guest designer this week, Marie :) How adorable are these little guys? Reminds me of when my boys were little - they're 15 months apart. Love the ribbon & fun trucks & rocket ship :)

Beebeebabs said...

Cute cute cute - love it and such a cute image tfs!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Big hug and congrats on your guest DT spot Marie! This card is just adorable, sweet little tribute to your BFF grandsons. You've colored these little tikes to perfection ;)

fairyrocks said...

Thanks so much for being our guest designer Marie !!
Your blog is beautiful and your work is top of the design game for sure.
Keep smiling and creating

Unknown said...

Hi Marie,
Well , I’m back and I have the rest of today free so as to catch up on everyone’s creations since I have been away refurbishing my old house.
I adore reading the blog’s and looking at all the lovely cards and projects, almost as much as making the cards myself.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog , its so nice to keep in touch.
This card is fabulous as too are the cards you have made since I have been away , I adore Mo Mannings digis and you make fab cards from them. Love the Duck in bed card for your DH , the flowery hat card is super what stunning creations Marie
Great work well done ,
Hugs Elaine

Notes by Nina said...

This card is so cute Marie, this image is adorable. Love the fabulous colours too. So glad you joined us this week as Guest Designer.

Allison Rankin said...

Just wonderful coloring of a fun image! Any child would be sure to love this creation...great job! Thanks for playing with us at Scrapbooker's Paradise!

Mona Pendleton said...

Congrats on your Guest Designing spot Marie! Your card is adorable!

Maria said...

Congrats on GD spot! This is one sweet card with darling image of those two little boys! Love it...take care, hugs!

mykidsmyworld said...

I LOVE that my kids inspire you! They sure do LOVE their "Ma-am"! I love her too! :)

Angela said...

Adorable...those fun, little brads are the perfect embellishment!

Kathy said...

Congrats on your GDT spot, well deserved! This is too cute (reminds me of my middle two boys). Great coloring and those brads are fun touches.