Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring, Please!!

Enough already....where is 'spring'? The temps have been in the 40's, mid April, is this what they are calling "Global Warming"? Since everyone in my home is under the weather with the current 'it's going around' crapola. I thought I would try to create some spring colors in my Butterfly Garden.


The challenge at Card Crafter's Circle, this week is to use 'die cuts or dry embossing.' This seemed like a perfect opportunity to use those 'spring' colors to create a Mother's Day card. I am getting a head start on May cards because I fell behind after being in bed for two weeks. The image was colored with Copic Markers, the six different die cuts (ha!!! now you are counting so see if there are actually six die cuts on this card....kinda like ....where's Waldo?) are from MFT and Sizzix, the embossing folder is from Cuttlebug.

Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Sorry to read you've been sick...enough of that now get better soon! And everyone else there too ;)

This little mouse with his big ol' bouquet is as cute as can be Marie! I agree, if you don't have spring make a little of you own!

Jessi Fogan said...

There you go - make your own spring! We're stuck with that too :) Plus the crapola - we're on round 3 in 3 weeks, all different brands of awesome. Kids, always full of germs.
I love the embossing on the mat - so crisp! - and what an adorable image :)

Sara S. said...

I wonder where spring is myself. All of my pretty flowers started popping up and now they are predicting a hard freeze for tonight!

Your card is lovely (and yes I counted after you said 6, I think I found them all!) The colors are beautiful for a Mother's Day card. Thanks so much for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle this week!

Debbie said...

This is so pretty!! Two of my loves... die cuts and embossing!! :)