Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Fusion #4

Well I had a few minutes to 'surf the net' this morning, minutes turn into hours and surfing turns into "new to me" challenges. I found the Fusions Card Challenge and thought I would give it a try....never met a challenge I didn't like so....off to the Butterfly Garden to make a card. For this particular challenge 'time was of the essence'...the link closed in 2 hours and 45 minutes.....YIKES...it usually takes me 2 hours to brain storm an idea. I just completed my card from 'start to finish' and have 1 hour and 18 ,17, 16 minutes left. How do some people do 10 minute challenges???



Stamps are PTI and Printworks, embossing folder is Sizzix and coloring was done with Copic markers. Foam tape was used under the leaves for a little dimension.


I fused the two challenges. What a wonderful 'new, innovative' way to get those creative juices flowing. Thanks for creating this 'new to me' challenge!!!

Lydal from "dreams & other realities" just introduced me to another 'new to me' challenge....it is called Catered Crop - recipies for papercrafting, the challenge is......Embossing - Make an Impression. Thanks, Lydal!!! If you haven"t been to either the Catered Crop or Lydals blog...please visit soon. Great inspiration on both of these blogs.

Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

14 comments:

Geri said...

That embossed white is such a pretty backdrop for your gorgeous flower!! Beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Darned if you don't make the prettiest flowers Marie!! Gorgeous coloring yet again. Must be all those butterflies fluttering about in your garden that motivate you ;)

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the texture from the embossing & that flower is gorgeous! Great fusion of the challenges!

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh your scoring is just gorgeous and I love that flower, glad you got it in. I did in just the nic of time.

Ally said...

I love this pretty 'fusion' card. I like the way you combined the challenge elements - great colors and texture, and I love that flower image and lovely sentiment. You did a beautiful job with your limited amount of time! Thank you so much for joining our Fusion challenge this week. ;-)

Nancy said...

This is such an amazing card....just wanted you to know I love it!

~amy~ said...

Love the bloom and scoring...excellent! Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!!!

Darnell said...

Fantabulous Fusion card, Marie!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the perfect gems & that stunning flower! I find the trick to 10 minute challenges is no colouring ;)

Debbie said...

I love the embossed BG!! Gorgeous flower!!

Lyndal said...

Fab card Marie - love your big bloom & gorgeous embossed background!
So glad you joined in experimenting @ FUSION this week - hope to see you again soon :)

Lyndal said...

PS. This would be perfect for this fortnights Catered Crop challenge too http://cateredcrop.com/2013/04/28/make-an-impression-recipe-swap/

Heather said...

Came by to check you out from the Catered Crop challenge. Gorgeous card! That embossing folder is awesome and your flower is stunning!

Lyndal said...

So glad you linked to Catered Crop & lovely to have you as my newest follower Marie :)