Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Art of Stenciling

It has been years since I used stencils, in fact it has been so long that I didn't even know I had stencils! When I saw the challenge at Less Is More I figured that I would have to sit this one out! I pondered my different options, even tried to make my own stencils (as they suggested) but I was not very successful. When I opened the 'stencil' drawer, pulled out the box of brushes "VOILA"....I found real NBUS stencils! Now if I only remembered what I learned in that stenciling class. lol  After about 5 different times, I finally got a 'smudge-free' piece of paper! Consider this a labor of love. ha ha ha


A touch of 'stickles' was added to the flower centers, various dye inks were used for the coloring.

Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

FABULOUS job with what you thought you didn't have LOL!! Those little flowers are the sweetest!

Anne said...

Marie your stencilling is great!
Thanks for taking the Less is More Challenge this week
Anne
(Guest commenter LIM)

Ginny said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!! I love the way you framed this beautiful sentiment.